In The News:
Embracing Open Space Technology at 2014 IT UnMeeting
If the idea of an “UnMeeting” seems unconventional at first glance, that’s because it is. Following a successful inaugural event in 2013, NYU held its second annual IT UnMeeting on January 15th at the NYU School of Law’s Greenberg Lounge. Over 100 people attended the event, which was organized by the NYU TorchTech steering committee. Read more…
TorchTech IT Share Fair Showcases Innovation
The IT Share Fair brought together people from across NYU’s global locations, both as presenters and attendees. Billed as “an information fair with the purpose of sharing IT/Technology-related projects in NYU schools and departments with colleagues from various NYU departments, schools, campuses, and global sites,” the event featured a wide range of poster sessions and hands-on demonstrations. Read more…
Who We Are
TorchTech is a community-led group open to professionals at NYU who have an interest in technology. It includes participants from across the various global IT organizations as well as members from departments and schools.
(Credit: Cassandra Ketrick)
What We Do
We offer special events, resources, and information geared toward the technology community at NYU with the goal of fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing, and partnership building, and we provide a forum for communicating.
- 2014 IT UnMeeting - view our #torchtech story, photos, session notes, a video message from Clay Shirky, and other highlights.
- 2013 IT UnMeeting - view photos, session notes, and other highlights.
- Cloud Computing Panel Discussion w/ Amazon, Google, VMWare, and Gartner – view presenter presentations.
- Share Fair - view photos and an online project directory.
- Q & A with Jessica Lawrence – How Technology Changes the Way We Work.
- Networking breakfast (Fall 2013)
- Networking breakfast (Summer 2013)